Editing

Hi! I’m Shavonne.

Shavonne ClarkeI’m a professional indie book editor with 10 years of experience as a writer, editor, and craft coach. If you’re interested in my services, drop me a line. I provide developmental, line, and copy editing, as well as proofreading. I can also write your project’s blurb (one of the least favored parts of writing, so I hear!).

My background: I have an MA in English, an MFA in creative writing, and five years of experience teaching creative writing to college studentsMy fiction has appeared in Asteri(ix) JournalBellevue Literary ReviewHayden’s Ferry Review and Kenyon Review Online.

Want to work together? Let’s get in touch!

Services

  • Proofreading: Before you send your manuscript into the world, I’ll root out any grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and word usage issues.
  • Copy/Line Editing: I’ll check for any issues with syntax, continuity, transition, POV, and word choices.
  • Developmental Editing: I’ll check for plot inconsistencies and holes, evaluate the manuscript as a whole, and teach you methods to become a better writer.
  • Blurbs: If you’ve already hired me as an editor, I can write a blurb specifically designed to hook readers of your genre. It’ll fit in perfectly with bestselling blurbs in your category and present your story in the most compelling way.

Rates

  • Proofreading: $.006 per word. For short stories (7.5k words or less), I charge a flat fee of $50.
  • Copy/Line Editing: $.008 per word. For short stories, I charge a flat fee of $60.
  • Developmental Editing: $.01 per word. For short stories, I charge a flat fee of $70.
  • Blurbs: $50 for a blurb from scratch; $35 for a blurb rewrite.

FAQ

  • Can I test out your services before we work together? Sure thing! I’m happy to provide a sample edit of the first 1,000 words of your manuscript.
  • I’m not sure which service I need. Can you help? Absolutely. In addition to the free 1,000-word sample edit, I’ll provide a recommendation as to which service would work best for your manuscript.
  • Do you offer rush services? If you need your manuscript turned around in less than 72 hours, I’m your gal! My rates are double for rush services.
  • How does payment work? I accept payment via PayPal. If your manuscript is more than 50k words, I’ll send an invoice for 25% of the costs before the project begins, and the remaining 75% after completion.
  • How can I hire you? Drop me a line and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Advertisements